We may collect, use and store the following types of personal data:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode
- information relevant to client referrals
- information for the purpose of registering with us
- details you provide to us when subscribing to website services such as email notifications and newsletters
- other information you choose to send us
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- In order to contact you to assess your needs and/or arrange an appointment
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
Transmission of data and information via the website is not a secure or an encrypted transmission method for sending your personal data, unless otherwise indicated on the website. Your attention is therefore drawn to the fact that, any information and personal data carried over the internet is not secure. Information and personal data may be intercepted, lost, corrupted or accessed by other people.
Upon receipt of your personal data we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following way:
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at Julie Twist Counselling, Durham Workspace, Abbey Road, Pity Me, Durham DH1 5JZ or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A nominal charge of £20 to cover administration costs will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Julie Twist Counselling, Durham Workspace, Abbey Road, Pity Me, Durham DH1 5JZ.
We aim to keep all personal data up to date, if you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.